Globally, Fortnite has gained a lot of traction. One of the most popular multiplayer battle arena games in history quickly became worldwide. The game’s developer, Epic Games, has offered Fortnite in many languages over the years because of the game’s popularity. The language can be changed in Fortnite with just a few clicks or taps. Unfortunately, the problem occurs when you switch to a language you’re not familiar with. As an example, imagine a native English speaker reading Chinese or Arabic. Fortunately, it is easy to solve the issue.
How to change the language on Fortnite?
In Fortnite, how can you update my language?
- Start Fortnite.
- Press the hamburger menu button in the top right-hand corner.
- Look for the hamburger/gear symbol in the lower right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select the gear symbol up top.
- Change your language to the ones you like by using the arrows.
- Select Apply.
On Android Devices
On Android devices, changing the language of Fortnite is pretty straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Launch Fortnite from your Android smartphone or tablet.
- When the game loads, you will see the home screen.
- On the upper right corner of the screen, tap on the menu. The hamburger icon is represented by three horizontal bars.
- Select Settings from the menu to the right. It is the first option to the left if you are searching for a foreign language.
- Tap the Game tab once the Settings menu opens. You will see an image of a cog.
- You can change the game parameters and the language from the Game menu. You will find the language selection box at the top of page.
- Select the language by tapping the left and right arrows on either side of the Language selection box. Choose the tongue with a pair of parentheses if you wish to switch to English.
- Tap Apply to complete the change.
- A pop-up window will inform you that you must restart the game following the Language Change Limited.
- Select Confirm at the bottom right corner.
- Your entire Fortnite interface should now be in the new language you selected.
- Restart the game, and you’re done.
On an iPhone
Epic, the game’s developer and publisher, is at odds with Apple and Google over the payment options. The game can still be installed for iPhone and iPad users but not Android users. It is still possible to update and play the game if you already have it installed before then. Changing the game’s language is also possible at this point.
- Download the Fortnite app onto your iPhone.
- Tap on the Menu button on the game’s home screen. In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, you’ll see three horizontal lines.
- Select Settings from the top of the screen.
- Next, tap on the game at the bottom of the screen.
- Under the Game menu, you will see the Language selection box, also the first option.
- Tap the left or right arrow to navigate the languages available.
- Click Apply once you have selected a language.
- The Language Change Limited dialog box should now appear. It will tell you that you must restart the game to apply all changes.
- Click Confirm at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Restart Fortnite and enjoy the game in the new language of your choice.
On Xbox One
Even if you don’t understand the language you are looking at, you can do that. Follow the instructions below:
- Download Fortnite to your Xbox One.
- You will then see the game’s home screen. To access options, use your controller’s ‘Options’ button.
- You will be taken to the game’s options. Click the ‘Settings’ option in the menu to the right.
- You can now open the Settings menu by pressing your controller’s “A” button.
- Selecting the cog icon will open the Game tab of this menu. Your controller’s LB and RB buttons can navigate this tab if it does not spread by default.
- Select the Game tab by pressing the Down button once.
- Pressing the Language selection option will appear.
- For Fortnite, click the Left and Right directional buttons to select your preferred language.
- Then, press the Y button on your controller to save your changes.
- You will now see the Language Change Limited pop-up window advising you to restart Fortnite to see all the language changes. You will need to confirm the change by pressing the A button.
- You can now return to the game’s home screen by closing all the menus.
- Fortnite needs to be restarted.
You can change the language on a PS4 the same way you do on an Xbox One.
Read more: Minecraft Castle Blueprints: A Comprehensive Guide About Minecraft Castle Blueprints
- Launch Fortnite on your PS4.
- To open the game’s main menu, press the Options button on your DUALSHOCK controller while at the Home menu.
- Press the directional button Down to highlight the Settings option. This option can be found at the very top of the menu to the right.
- You can now access the Settings menu by pressing the X button.
- The Game tab can now be found by pressing the R1 button once. It appears as an icon looking like a cog.
- Press the down directional button again to bring up the Language option.
- Select the language you would like to use your controller’s Left and Right directional buttons.
- You can apply the change by pressing the Triangle button after you have selected your preferred language.
- The Language Change Limited pop-up window will appear now, telling you that you won’t be able to see all the language changes until you restart the game.
- Hit the X button if you wish to continue.
- Now, the entire Settings menu is displayed in your selected language.
- To return to the game’s home screen, press the Circle button twice on your controller.
- Restart Fortnite and enjoy your new battle arena to apply all the changes.
How to change the language on Fortnite to English?
Changing the Language in Fortnite on PC
To change the language in Fortnite on PC, follow these steps:
- Launch Fortnite on your computer.
- Click on the gear icon located in the top right corner of the main menu to open the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “General” tab and scroll down to find the “Language” section.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to “Language” and select “English”.
- Close the “Settings” menu and restart Fortnite for the changes to take effect.
Changing the Language in Fortnite on Console
To change the language in Fortnite on a console, follow these steps:
- Launch Fortnite on your console.
- Go to the “Settings” menu, typically represented by a gear or cog icon.
- Navigate to the “Language” or “Language & Region” option.
- Select “English” as your preferred language.
- Save your changes and restart Fortnite for the changes to take effect.
Changing the Language in Fortnite on Mobile
To change the language in Fortnite on a mobile device, follow these steps:
- Launch Fortnite on your mobile device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to open the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down and select “Language.”
- Choose “English” from the list of available languages.
- Restart Fortnite for the changes to take effect.
Hopefully, now you know how to change the game language in Fortnite. You can easily play Fortnite in another language once you have this knowledge. Your friends may even need your help if they have to change the language for whatever reason.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How does changing the language on Fortnite affect the game?
Launch Fortnite. Click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner and select Settings. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner. You can adjust the language by clicking on the arrows.
- In what language does Fortnite run?
It was developed using the Unreal Engine. This indicates that the coding was done in C++ and probably using Blueprints, a visual programming language for UE that also creates modules in C++.
- How many lines of code does a game have?
There are quite a few variables here, but a typical AAA title would probably have between 500,000 and ten million lines. There are more than 100 million lines in Grand Theft Auto V. If you include their “RAGE” engine, there is undoubtedly a wide disparity between them.
Apart from this, if you are interested to know more about DARK OAK TREE MINECRAFT then visit our GAMING category.